New York State Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative
In June 2020, Governor Andrew Cuomo issued an executive order (#203) directing that a panel of community stakeholders meet with each local government that has a police department. Our panel was tasked with providing input to the Village of Endicott in developing a plan to eliminate racial inequality in policing, modernize police strategies, and better address the needs of our community. This initiative is meant to promote public safety, improve community engagement, and foster trust between communities of color and the police agency.
The panel consists of a diverse group of community members, including individuals from the Union-Endicott School District, Binghamton University, the Addiction Center of Broome County, local religious institutions, the District Attorney and Public Defender’s Offices, Mayor Linda Jackson, members of the Endicott Police Department, members of local neighborhood watch groups, local business owners and a County representative.
Since July of 2020, the panel has met monthly to discuss the steps Endicott Police Chief Patrick J. Garey has implemented to address these issues and to propose new ideas to help further facilitate this positive change.
As the work of the panel moves toward submission of the plan to the Village of Endicott Board for adoption, this webpage is being provided for public information and awareness of upcoming panel activities.
This panel looks forward to continuing our mission to help the Endicott community grow in a positive direction.
New York State Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative: Resources & Guide for Public Officials and Citizens
Guidebook with critical questions, information, and resources to guide the panel’s dialogue.
Click to download a PDF of the Final Report of the Endicott Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative Plan
- March 1st – Public Survey
- March 2nd – Town Hall meeting hosted by Panel (starts at 7 PM)
- March 8th – Draft of Plan Released to Public ( will include preliminary survey results)
- March 15th – Public Comment Period on Draft Plan during Village Board Meeting (starts at 6 PM)
- March 17th – Public Survey will close
- March 24th – Final Survey Results will be incorporated into the Plan for finalization
- March 29th – Village Special Board Meeting to Ratify the Plan (Starts at 6 PM)
- March 30th/31st – Submission of Plan to NYS Office of Budget
- The FINAL REPORT of the Endicott Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative Plan was presented to the Village of Endicott Board on March 29, 2021 and ratified. It was sent to the NYS Division of Budget on March 30, 2021. Click the link above to download a copy of the Final Report.
- WBNG News Story on the Reform Collaborative Panel Here
- The community survey is released. Please tell us how the Endicott Police Department is doing! The panel wants to know your thoughts! To take the survey on a mobile device, you can scan the QR Code above. Or you can click here —> Endicott Police Community Survey
- The public participated in a Zoom meeting on Tuesday, March 2nd with a comment/question period during the meeting.
- Questions or Comments? Click Here to Email the Reform Panel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can visit us here, follow our Facebook Page or the Village of Endicott Facebook Page for Updated Information